(last revised on August 27, 2018)
At Kenect, LLC (“Kenect” or “we”), we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the information you share with us. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website or use our mobile app, as well as our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
1. HOW THIS POLICY APPLIES
This policy applies to information we collect:
• On our website, www.Kenect.com.
• In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and Kenect.
• Through mobile and desktop applications you download from our website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our website.
• When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
• Us offline or through any means other than as described above, including on any other website or mobile app operated by us or any third party, which does not include a link to this policy; or
• Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our website or mobile app.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of personal information from and about users of our website or mobile app, including:
• Contact information and registration details, such as name, address, email and telephone number.
• Unique identifiers, internet connection and preference information, such as your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, usage details and navigation behavior from actions that you take on our website or mobile app.
• App usage details, which are automatically collected through your access to and use of the app, including traffic data, logs and other communications data and the resources that you access or use on or through the app.
• Mobile device and connection information, including your devices’ unique identifier, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
• Stored information and files on your mobile device, which may be accessed on your mobile device and may include metadata, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
We may collect this information directly from you, from third parties or automatically through various web and mobile technologies, including:
• Web or mobile app logging, which records and logs information about your internet connection, devices and usage, such as IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring and exit pages, operating system, date and time stamp and clickstream data.
our system will issue cookies when you direct your browser to our website or open our mobile app.
• Flash cookies, which are locally stored objects that collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website. If you disable or refuse flash cookies, please note that some parts of our website may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
• Web beacons, which are small electronic files (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited our web pages, accessed or mobile app or opened an email and for other related website and mobile app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may also collect personal information through mobile app technologies, including:
• Mobile cookies, which are the same as browser cookies but applicable to your mobile device.
Our website does not respond to web browser “Do Not Track” signals.
3. THIRD PARTY TRACKING
Some content or applications, including advertisements, on our website or mobile app are served by third-parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers, and application providers. These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use our website or mobile app. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online and mobile activities over time and across different websites, mobile apps and other online services. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used and we disclaim all responsibility and liability for any content once it is transmitted, copied or removed from our website, mobile app or other services. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, or to opt out of third party content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
• To improve and personalize the content on our website and mobile app.
• To administer our web services and mobile app.
• To track and gather demographic information about our user community as a whole.
• To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
• In an aggregated form that does not identify you individually.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please notify us at the address below. We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
5. HOW WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties that provide services to help us with our business activities such as responding to your requests for more information. These business partners are authorized to use personal information about you only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose, without restriction, aggregated information about our users that does not identify any individual.
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Kenect, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• You may choose not to download our mobile app or delete if from your device.
• If you do not wish to have your personal information used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by contacting us at the address below. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
• If you do not want us to share your personal information with third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by [logging into your account profile page and adjusting your user preferences or] contacting us at the address below.
7. ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can review and change your personal information by logging into our website or mobile app and visiting your account profile page. If this option is not available to you, you can request access to, correct or delete any personal information by contacting your account representative or contacting us at the address listed below. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
8. HEALTH INSURANCE PORTABILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY ACT (“HIPAA”)
As a provider of services and technology to the healthcare industry, Kenect has implemented processes to address the HIPAA privacy and security requirements. Under HIPAA, each covered entity (health care provider, health plan, or health care clearinghouse) is required to provide or make available to you a Notice of Privacy Practices, depending on your interaction with the covered entity. To the extent that Kenect or one of its affiliates or subsidiaries is a covered entity, the required notice will be provided or made available to you directly by that covered entity. Any such notice is unrelated to the practices described in this policy. For more information regarding our compliance with HIPAA requirements, see our Terms of Service, available at https://kenect.com/terms-of-service.
9. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our website or mobile app that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the address below.
10.CHILDREN UNDER 13
Our website and mobile app are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information through our website or mobile app. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that
information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at jjones@Kenect.com or W 2100 N, Suite 380, Pleasant Grove, UT 84062.
11.HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain technical and organizational measures designed to secure our systems and your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website or mobile app, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile networks is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website or mobile app. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our website or mobile app.
12. GEOGRAPHIC RESTRICTIONS
14. HOW TO CONTACT US
2100 W. Pleasant Grove Blvd., Suite 380
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062