We build JSON APIs in Java Spring Boot that run inside of Docker containers in Kubernetes running in the Google Cloud Platform (there, we got the buzzwords out in one sentence). We are an amazing team, made up of enthusiastic people that enjoy working together. We get excited about the tools and services we are creating and get even more excited about the value we're creating for our customers.
As a Senior Backend Engineer on the team you will be involved in ensuring that we are making the best technical tradeoffs. We believe that senior engineers act as leaders on the team. Our senior engineers help mentor and support junior and mid-level engineers on the team. This happens in many ways (direct mentorship, code reviews, internal training, etc). We're not overly prescribed in the manner in which a senior engineer helps lead the team. We want your input into how you can best contribute.
* Several years experience working on a SAAS product as a senior engineer
* Experience working in a micro-service like architecture
* Experience building production APIs in Java Spring Boot
* Experience running production systems in AWS or GCP
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Eager to learn and grow, while helping other teammates do the same
* Self-Sufficient and dependable
* Goal oriented
We believe in hiring self motivated team members who can run along side us without needing to be "managed" along the way. Yes we have managers and 1:1s. Yes, we believe in giving open two-way feedback. We also believe that great stuff happens when talented, proactive people are given autonomy to do what they do best.
If so, let's talk. We get that moving to a new company is a two way street. We are looking for the right fit for Kenect. You are looking for the right company and team for you. If you are interested contact us at email@example.com with your resume. We look forward to hearing from you.