Kenect is based in the “Silicon Slopes” of Utah. Our team is committed to helping businesses grow and succeed through our state-of-the-art business texting platform.
With Kenect, our goal is to make text messaging the primary communication tool for any business across the U.S. and Canada. Texting is the way the consumer wants to do business. It’s time for businesses to embrace that trend and stop the constant game of voicemails, phone tag, and making customers wait on hold.
Kenect has experienced 4+ years of supersonic growth, and we’re just getting started! Our revenue has exploded in the last 12 months, and if revenue is growing, then so is AR, AP and all related accounts. We need an employee who loves to grow through challenges, to think to solve solutions, to work with a team that will feel like family.
The role of Accounting Specialist will be fast-paced but under the guidance of a Controller who loves to build people through on-the-job training and one-on-one sessions with a whiteboard! This role is an exciting blend of in-the-weeds transactional processing and big-picture process development as well as an opportunity to branch out beyond AR and AP.
Salary Range: $65k to $75k
What you'll do:
- Process vendor invoices and employee expense reimbursements in payment solution and upload to ERP
- Properly code each vendor invoice accurately and timely
- Pay vendors within payment terms
- Manage credits on account, stop-payments, partial payments, etc
- Adhere to and improve approval procedures
- Onboard new vendors
- Maintain existing vendors (e.g., payment information, w9 changes, contact information, contract expirations)
- Maintain and reconcile accrued expenses, prepaid expenses and fixed assets detail ledgers in Excel
- Use email and phone to solve issues and to build external and internal relationships
- Manage the month-end close process for AP and related accounts
- Work with finance department to have a basic understanding of budgets and how to keep departments on track
- When I ask for the code word in our interview, say “New England Clam Chowder”
- Other ad-hoc projects under the direction of the Corporate Controller – with potential for this role to expand beyond AP (e.g., Payroll tasks)
Accounts Receivable / Revenue
- Process client invoices daily in quoting and billing solution
- Properly on-board new clients in CRM
- Help develop and maintain a collections policy and process
- Call past-due clients on a periodic basis
- Maintain basic notes / information on collection calls and update Corporate Controller
- Opportunity to manage deferred revenue subledger
An ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge and skills:
- Understand the basic debits and credits of standard AP transactions including prepaid expenses, fixed assets, refunds, etc
- Understand the structure of the income statement and how GL codes and department classifications fit in
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with vendors and internal department managers who use those vendors
- Understand the entire Procure-to-Pay process from requisition to payment including journal entries
- Understand how to record and amortize prepaid expenses / depreciate fixed assets
- Helpful countenance – how to work with people when the answer appears to be “no”
Accounts Receivable / Revenue
- Understand the basics of how a subscription model works
- Understand the basic debits and credits of standard AR transactions including deferred revenue, credit memos
- Understand the entire Quote-to-Cash process including journal entries
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients and internal client services team members overseeing those clients
Systems and other
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel (vlookup, sumifs, pivot tables, etc)
- Able to learn the basics of new accounting and other systems
- Embrace change and constant improvement
- Resonance with Kenect company values:
- Get Things Done
- Learn Fast, Go Fast
- Above and Beyond
- Be Optimistic
- Team is Family
What we offer:
In terms of benefits, we have great insurance (health, dental, life, and disability). We offer a 401(K) plan, flexible PTO, HSA matching, a breakroom loaded (I mean, LOADED) with snacks, awesome team activities, and so much more.
If you want a job that's rewarding and rewarded, where you'll be well-compensated, where you can have fun but are still expected to hit your numbers, your goals and your benchmarks...then this is the place you want to be. At Kenect, success is demanded, rewarded and respected. We work hard, we have fun and we get things done.
That's why we're exploding with growth.
Sound like you?
To apply for this job, follow this link: Click Here to Apply